Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wet N Wild Limited Edition Spring Forward 8 Pan Palettes - Review & Swatches






There's nothing I hate more than driving all over town looking for limited edition products. Fortunately, I found an almost full display of these Wet N Wild shadows at the first CVS I went to. Score! Okay, well, maybe there's one thing I hate more and that is when retailers price above MSRP, especially when the MSRP is written all over the display. CVS had these priced at $5.49 each, although the display said $4.99. Not cool CVS.

I've just recently discovered the cheap and cheerful joys of Wet N Wild eyeshadows, so when I heard there was a neutral palette, I knew I had to pick it up. Nude Awakening contains 8 neutral, nude shadows ranging from ecru and taupe to gunmetal and a near black. The brown crease shade on the left is matte, while the others have more of a satin or glittery finish. This palette was a no brainer for me and something I'm sure to get a lot of use out of.

Going in the Wild however, was an impulse purchase and one that I'm glad I made. First off, can I just say the name "Going in the Wild" sounds weird and almost grammatically incorrect and makes me think of peeing outside. Now that I got that off my chest, I really surprised myself with how much I'm enjoying these pastel colors. I love the violet crease shade and I'm obsessed with mint anything right now.

As with other Wet N Wild shadows, these all have a buttery soft texture and are easy to blend. I appreciate that these shades aren't as super glittery as some of their other shadows though. My favorite thing about these palettes though has to be the packaging - I love the white and the little flowers on the front - how very spring time!

No comments:

Post a Comment