Friday, March 22, 2013

March Glossybox - Spring Fling



Another month, another Glossybox. I have to admit, these beauty boxes have been kind of underwhelming for me recently. Maybe it's time I took a break or quit completely? I mean, I spend about $30/month on my two boxes (Glossybox and Ipsy) which is money that could be well used for something else. Well we'll see. This month I received the following:

Elite Models Liner in Matt Brown (full size $15) - I'm kind of glad to have a matte brown liner. When I swatched this on my hand I was impressed with the staying power, but it's not faring as well on my oilier eyelids. Also the nib is kind of weird, not really a brush, not really a felt tip, it's more like a stick!

Koh Gen Do Cosmetics Oriental Plants Emollient Cream (full size $123) - I love expensive face creams, who doesn't?? I haven't tried this yet, but it's a decent sized sample at nearly 1/4 of the full size!

ModelCo Cheek + Lip Tint in Rosy Red(full size $24) - I was hoping this would be the hot pink color of the tube, but it is cherry red just like Benetint or theBalm one or the Body Shop one. It kind of grosses me out when I first squeeze it out of the tube because it looks like blood. I generally like these, but how do you apply them without getting your fingers all red?? Also this one smells like candy!

Prestiche Essential Oil Bar Soap in Lemongrass (full size $16.99) - I like the way this smells and I'm sure I'll use it. The company also included a $40 gift voucher, which I thought was generous until I checked out their website and realized most of their products cost more than that! That's a little pricey for body products.

Sebastian Professional Shaper Fierce (full size $17) - I'm trying to use more hairspray, but I just don't! I have literally 20 million bottles of mini hairsprays now. Thanks beauty boxes.

That's it for March. Yeah, I'm trying to figure out what to do about this whole beauty box thing. What do you guys think? Which boxes do you subscribe to?

No comments:

Post a Comment