Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Limited Edition Maybelline Baby Lips - Complete Set Review and Swatches



L to R: Twinkle, Melon Mania, Pink Wink, Coral Crush, Yummy Plummy
Same order as above
This post is quite belated because I picked up these Maybelline Limited Edition Baby Lips earlier this year, but I think you may still be able to find them in store. I actually ended up ordering all of them on eBay because I was going crazy driving around to drugstores looking for them. They were a bit more expensive on eBay (obviously), but I figure with the price of gas and my time, it really wasn't a bad deal in the end.  I don't really know why I like these so much. At the end of the day, they're just glorified chapsticks with a little bit of color and fragrance! Oh well, they're like Pokemon to me - I gotta catch em all. So lame lol.

You can't really see Twinkle on my arm because it is basically clear - maybe with a little bit of sheen. I don't have any of the non-tinted Baby Lips, so I can't really compare. In the bullet it has a very sheer pinky peach color, but it doesn't translate at all onto the lips. I like the smell which is a bit like Starbursts. Melon Mania is also very sheer despite the hot pink color of the bullet. This one doesn't have much of scent to me which might be a good thing considering I'm not a huge fan of melon. My least favorite of the bunch is Pink Wink because the light, creamy pink color leaves me with white, dead zombie lips. It also smells like bubblegum, which again, I'm not a fan of. Coral Crush is probably my favorite color for it's punchy sheer peachy orange color and citrus scent. Yummy Plummy is also one of the more pigmented colors in a mauve shade. I don't think it smells like plums, but then again, what exactly do plums smell like?? I'm not sure how this compares to the permanent Grape shade because that's the only color I'm missing! I guess I need to pick that one up.

If you're a fan of sheer lip colors, then Baby Lips are definitely worth trying out. They're only about $3-4 so they won't take a bite out of your wallet either. The hardest part is finding all of the colors in store! For more information on Cherry Me and Pink Punch, check out my original blog post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment