Saturday, March 2, 2013

February Glossybox - International Style





This month's Glossybox has a theme of International Style. I remember seeing this theme for a past UK Glossybox and reading mostly lukewarm reviews on the box. Will the US version fare better?

Bvlgari Eau Parfumee Au The Blanc soap (full size $30) - This little soap made me think of the ones you get at hotels - all wrapped up in paper. I've never used perfumed soap before, but this smells quite nice. I guess the fragrance is a bit much to use as hand soap, but I'll be happy to take this into the shower with me.

Da Vinci Cosmetics Shimmer Powder (full size $15) - I'm not really a loose pigment user because I find they are messy and difficult to use. The card says it can be used for a subtle glow under eyebrows or on cheeks, but I'm guessing people got different colors because mine is a brownish, purplish, bluish duochrome. Yeah, not so appropriate under eyebrows or on cheeks!

Evologie eSystem Duo Pack Intensive Blemish Serum and Stay Clear Cream (full size $15) - This product confuses me because it looks like 5ml is the full size, except that it is so small! The blemish serum is supposed to be a spot treatment while the cream is more like a moisturizer.

Lisi Color Glaze Lip Gloss in 4 Square (full size $7) - Just a regular old lipgloss. The color I received is a burgundy wine which looks ok, but isn't really my type of color. The weird thing is that the wand picks up very little product so you have to keep re-dipping.

Nail Rock Nail Wraps (full size $8) - I actually like my design which is a metallic gold and black Union Jack. I think it would be cute to use one as an accent and paint the rest of your nails black. I've only done nail wraps once and it was pretty easy to use.

Okay, I'm just going to stay it - overall, this box kind of sucks. I probably won't use the lip gloss or the shimmer powder and the other items were just sort of meh. I also don't feel like a lot of the brands in this months box were "high end." OH and the other really annoying thing - the card doesn't say which country the products are from! I mean, Bvlgari is obviously Italy and the shimmer powder says it is "one of America's best kept beauty secrets" (really?? America is not "International"), but the other three don't say anything. Disappointing, maybe Glossybox should stay away from this theme!

No comments:

Post a Comment