Tuesday, March 12, 2013

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Buenos Aires - Review and Swatches



Buenos Aires, Antwerp

I just double checked the spelling of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream to make sure it was spelled "cream" and not "creme". I don't know why, but I really hate it when it's spelled "creme." I thought creme meant fake cream, as in Oreo creme, but it looks like people use the two words willy nilly. You know how some words just give you the heebie jeebies? Like my friend can't stand the word "moist." Well, I hate "creme" unless it is used in the French way with the accent. That's tolerable.

ANYWAY, what was the point of this post? Oh yeah, the NYX Soft Matte Lip CREAM in Buenos Aires. I'm not sure if this is a new shade, but I bought it off the NYX website and I don't see it available at either Ulta or Cherry Culture. NYX calls Buenos Aires a "soft coral"which I would agree with. Initially, I thought it might be similar to Antwerp, but as you can see from the swatches, they are totally different. Buenos Aires is a soft peachy, orangey coral. On the other hand, Antwerp (described as "mid-toned yellow-tone pink") is a pinker coral. 

If you've never tried a Soft Matte Lip Cream, they apply like a gloss with a sponge applicator then dry to a matte finish. For a matte lip product, I find they wear quite comfortably without becoming overly dry. I will say that Buenos Aires is a bit patchy in application and take a little effort to smooth out. I don't find this to be the case with darker colors of the Lip Creams. They are very reasonably priced at around $6 and available at nyxcosmetics.com, cherryculture.com and Ulta.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, just wondering though. I've recently purchased different swatches of nyx soft matte lip cream (amsterdam,san paolo, milan, monte carlo and buenos aires). 2 of those had the same packaging description, unlike the 3 other swatches I bought from the same shop. The 3 had longer description (it's not lipstick, nor is it gloss blah blah blah) while the 2 swatches has the same description as yours.

    Just wondering if I bought counterfeits.

    ReplyDelete